Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Bliss Is...

...sesame chicken and some great tunes on the stereo. I love Nancy Wilson, she's my valentine this year, I couldn't ask for a more perfect lady. "This Song Is You" is one of my favorite songs of the moment, along with Roland Kirk's version of "Our Waltz" and "Line for Lyon" by Chet Baker. The last one really epitomizes west coast jazz of the time, even though it's titled for a city in France. Chet started his career here and is buried in a cemetary in Inglewood. This weekend Mykal has lined up a bass player to get together with, so I'm really, really looking forward to that. Hopefully in the next couple weeks I'll have the time and energy to check out some open jams as well, but I'm always a little skittish about sitting in so we'll see how that goes.

I did get an e-mail back from my uncle about Steorn. I gotta keep most of what he told me on the down low, as he's under a confidentiality agreement. I can tell you that he's part of a select group that's validating the technology and that it sounds like it's gonna be a fairly long and involved process, but he's jumped right into it and is enjoying working on the project. I hope he's missing something and it winds up working, but he's a pretty sharp, accomplished guy so I'm not keeping my fingers crossed. Anyway, that's all I can divulge, if you want any more info on Steorn you all gotta go somewhere else.

Thanks for reading.
Billy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So your uncle told you the details? That's a violation of his NDA right there.